Friday, November 11, 2011

I did it again

Here I am again. Yesterday I finally achieved my goal of writing a thousand words, but I am not sure that I'll be able to do it again today. It would be great, though, so I am going to try.

I have been thinking about how awesome it would be to write a book. I have always wanted to do it, but there are couple of things preventing me from trying. First of all, I haven't read books in Spanish for ages and I think that to write well you really need to have read extensively. I have read a little in English, but since it isn't my native language I don't feel comfortable writing in it. However, if I managed to read a book a week for a year, which I don't think I'm going to do because I'd like to start learning another language, I could try to write something decent in Shakespeare's language.

How cool would it be to be read by people from all over the world? I mean, anyone can do that. You just have to create a blog and write something on it. What has to be really nice is having a physical book written by you. Touch it, open it, see all the words you wrote. Give it to people so they can read it and keep it. Maybe sell it. Sometimes I think that you need to be some kind of literary genius to write a book, but deep down I know you don't have to. You might just happen to have something good to say, a good story to tell or good ideas to share. I don't know. For now I'm just going to try to write my thousand words a day, even though it doesn't seem easy. Then, if I succeed, I might consider turning it into habit, but we'll see.

I could write under a pseudonym about all those topics I avoid talking about in public because they are too sensitive. Thanks to the Internet I know that there are others like me out there and I am sure that they will agree with most of what I say, but I could be wrong, even though I know I am not.

I've been trying to begin waking up earlier but with no success so far. Today I got up really late and read a little, then I studied some grammar and now I'm writing again. I know I should be doing much more than this if I really want to pass the exam, but I suppose it's not so bad. After all, it's only my second day.

I haven't been to the gym today, but I intend to go later. I know it's a little late, but to be honest I like doing stuff at night. The only problem I see is that I'm going to come back really late and I won't be able to wake up early tomorrow. It would be great if I started waking up early. I would have so much time to study both English grammar and physics, read, write, train, and so on. Tomorrow could be a good day to start doing it, but I just don't want to. Maybe the day after tomorrow.

By the way, I just remembered that a thousand words are a lot of words, but at least I am writing much faster than I was yesterday. And slower than tomorrow, I hope.

I think that I am going to need to start telling stories as I did yesterday (this is always my last resort). But maybe I should leave it until after I have eaten something, because I am starving. Well, I just remembered something "funny". One day I was looking out the window in my apartment in Edinburgh and I saw this guy climbing a building across the street. When he got to the top, he hung from a drainpipe and tried to move laterally. All of a sudden, the drainpipe broke and the guy fell from the roof in slow motion. Well, it wasn't slow motion, but he fell for what it seemed like ages. He then stayed there, lying still on the ground, for a couple of minutes and then started struggling to get back on his feet. It didn't took long for the police to arrive, but they didn't do much. When the guy managed to stand again, he and some friends of his took a taxi and left.

That is just an example of the kind of things that happen in Edinburgh city centre over weekends. These guys drink too much.

By the way, British TV sucks. Well, I tend not to pay attention to anything that is on TV unless it's The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother or the UFC. In the UK, every time you look at the TV you are going to see something weird and/or disgusting. The funniest part of it is that you are expected to pay something called TV licence. I mean, come on, seriously? I honestly think the whole idea is insulting to the superior minds :P Would they spend my money on making a new stupid reality show for apes? Most likely. I recommend that they ask the monkeys for the money.

It's almost half past ten and I haven't been to the gym yet. I'll probably leave home at eleven. Did you know that Scottish people usually start drinking at 6 o'clock (I don't really know this) and at eleven they are completely drunk? Nightclubs here close at 3 a.m., so one really needs to hurry. Anyway, I am going to be the weird guy who is on his way to the gym while everyone else is drunk and acting stupid. BTW, it seems that I did it again. What? I just wrote another thousand words :)

No comments:

Post a Comment